Dr. Heather Anson chaired a discussion on Wednesday 12 August at 1pm BST regarding the recent European court decision that struck down the EU-US privacy shield, the main data sharing agreement allowing the storage of personal data of EU citizens in the US where the majority of the worlds cloud storage infrastructure is held.
Heather Anson was joined by Peter Wright, managing director of Digital Law, Jennifer Baker, Brussels based technology journalist, and Anna Drozd, specialist on EU law on Privacy and data protection based in the Brussels office of the Law Society of England and Wales, and covered topics such as:
- The implications of this decision on data sharing between Europe and the US,
- The use of Standard Contractual Clauses in contracts to facilitate international data transfers,
- The use of Binding Corporate Rules,
- The implications for businesses based in the UK, Europe and elsewhere who wish to trade in the European digital single market,
- The likely implications of Brexit on international data transfers to and from the UK,
Don’t worry if you missed it, the webinar was recorded and is now available on demand by clicking on the link below.